Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Revell Black Diamond - 1:350 snap tite kit {part 8}

Well,  I gave it some thought.........I could go further with 'er,  but in the interest of time,  I figured I'd leave 'er as she is.   She looks pretty busy........busy enough for two young boys,  whose biggest question will be,  "where are the sails?"   I know that will be the first question.......it's going to be hard for them to understand the concept of furled sails.   I think they'll be happy to see 'er though.......and when I whip out the kits for them.............well,  I just hope that there might be two more modelers joining the fold.....better than play'in those damn video games and junk.   I see nothing wrong with video games,  but I think there is a time and a place for them.  I also think there is a time and place for creativity and imagination..........and what better time is there to spend?  So,  here is the finished model.   The bottom of the hull is cemented to the stand.........and then the upper part of the ship was cemented in it's place there after.  The paint work isn't the best,  but it'll do for this beast.







OMG!!!!!   I almost forgot............the FLAGS!!!!!   They are in the back of the instruction sheets,  ready to be cut out.   The sails they want you to use are there as well.   They have different styles to choose from.......I just cut out the normal ones.......one flag and three pendents.   They were cemented in place with white glue.







Ahhhhhh, who knows........I may add more lines to her in the future.   I can add in the fore braces and maybe some tack lines.   For now though.....she is good,  waiting for my two grand sons to come over to see it.   Little do they know about these two gems I have waiting for them as well.


If I do more,   I'll add it here............stay tuned  ;)

AHOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I was looking for directions on rigging my model. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kel...it follows the rigging of the traditional frigate.

      Delete