Friday, January 8, 2016

Revell Black Diamond - 1:350 snap tite kit {part 4}

The bow is rigged well enough.....time to move on towards the stern.   more holes were drilled in other logical places......like the pair that I drilled through the bow railings.  This is how I'm going to have to make the tie points.....just drill some holes.   I will need to drill other holes in the bulwarks as the masts are cemented in place.   I did two pairs of dead eye assemblies for the bow......I will need to make two more pairs for the fore mast,  two for the main mast,  and two for the mizzen mast.  These will be for the back stays.   Time to paint the sails and yards,  which will be cemented in place,  as the mast are installed.   I am out of flat grays......I will use flat tans and white instead.   I got ahead of myself here....failing to take pictures of the process.   Here are the fore yards / sails with the flat tan and white.



Here is a view of how it looks as it progresses.......the flat tan and then the white.


Since I'm using black thread,  I'm detailing the furling ropes black as well.  I don't plan on using different color threads to do the rigging.  I'm not getting fussy.



The fore mast was cemented in first.



The yards were cemented in place next.


Then the fore stays were rigged.......the lower stay being thicker by doubling up on the thread.



For the main mast,  they are called main stays........for the mizzen,  they are called mizzen stays.  The lifts will be added to the yards.   I was going to do the back stays before adding the next mast,  but I may not.......it may make it harder to add in other lines.   However it plays out,  I'm thinking that it will enhance the model.

AHOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment